Monday, May 11, 2015

Lesson Ten: Wound Stage Makeup--Blisters, Scratches and Briuses

       We had to create artificial wounds and it was recommended we make them minor ones, as the research for some of the more severe ones could become extremely unsettling. And also considering we were still new to this, it was a reasonable idea. We were told also to create a little story to explain our "wounds."
       For my story, I pretended that I accidentally burned my wrist with hot water, then when dashing across the room for my phone to call 9-1-1, I bumped into the coffee-table and bruised my leg, then landed on my cat, who was so startled that she scratched me in self-defense.
       The blisters turned out pretty well. The scratches were a bit too deep and drastic for a household cat--a puma, maybe. But I used fake blood for the first time and I got a little carried away. The bruise looked relatively all right, except it was a bit extreme for a fresh bruise, and if it was older it would have had more green and purple. But I will do better if I ever have to do this sort of thing again.
       The pictures under the schematic, as always, are not mine but research--mostly post-project since I couldn't find the exact ones I used to do the project with.







No comments:

Post a Comment