Friday, May 8, 2015

Lesson Six: Hair and Wigs--Fantine

       For the wig part of the class, we were told to use our own hair and style it as a character we chose. Short hair was not an excuse from the lesson; lots of characters have short hair. I have a pixie cut so I decided to go with Fantine from Les Miserables.
       I messed up my hair really well and added lots of Ben Nye grime--which was also my first time working with grime makeup. I noticed in the pictures of actresses who have played Fantine, the adding of rouge to continue to attempt the "attractive" look even in the midst of such misery. And I made my eyes and nose look all swollen from crying. I continued the makeup down my neck as well.
       I know my pixie cut is slightly longer than Fantine's, but I saw one actress (last picture I posted down below) whose hair was a comparable length to mine. And this can imply she got it cut some time ago.









No comments:

Post a Comment