Monday, May 11, 2015

Lesson Nine: Prosthetics--Adolescent Nightmare Acne

       This time we were working with nose and scar wax to help create a character. As usual when dealing with something for the first time, I try to keep it fairly simple and not overwhelm myself with a super complicated design which would be hard to carry out.
       So I researched cases of really bad acne and came up with some of the most disgusting pictures I'd ever seen. They made me really grateful for my good genetics which kept my real-life adolescent acne period down to a reasonable minimum and never looked anything like this--thank God!
       I used the wax in little balls and affixed them to my face, painting them white for the pus and then red around them for the blood and swelling, plus splotching red around my face for rosacea. The result was really gross but of course, that's exactly what I was going for!








No comments:

Post a Comment