Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Lesson Fourteen: Look-A-Like Makeup--Karen Gillian

       This was our final lesson for the course. We were supposed to take a celebrity (actor, politician, artist, etc.) and hopefully select one with a similar facial structure to our own, and make ourselves up to look like that celebrity. And yes, ideas like Lady Gaga and Marilyn Monroe did go through my mind, but I wanted to include my hair for a more complete look. So, the woman would have to have a redhead pixie cut, or at least very short red hair. I did a Lucille Ball hairstyle on myself recently for a show and it turned out pretty well, so I though I might do her, but she had bright blue eyes, and I wanted to include my eyes as well.
       So I finally settled on Karen Gillian, in her pixie phase.
       Of course I've been growing out my pixie cut slightly longer than hers, for the aforementioned play I've been doing, but I pinned it back. And I contoured my nose and chin to look smaller like hers. I also drew on fuller lips, and thicker, more angular eyebrows.
       I'm not sure how well I succeeded. I don't think I look much like her. My face is longer than hers but looking like somebody else is rarely a perfect match. I think next time I will do somebody with a slightly longer face. I do love the subtlety of the makeup though. I decided afterwards to wipe the contouring part off and take it out for dinner and drinks with friends tonight.











No comments:

Post a Comment