Thursday, May 7, 2015

Lesson Two: Creating a Character--Goth Girl

       For our next lesson, we had to create a stage character, and I chose a goth girl because the makeup is dramatic and beautiful and fun to research and apply. There are many styles of goth makeup, and it really is up to the individual's tastes. For mine, I chose dark burgundy lipstick (black is often used, but so are a wide variety of colors including red, burgundy and purple) and lined my eyebrows and eyes heavily with black. I added a little contouring to my cheeks and forehead, but not much because I knew the bright stage lights would bleach me out and create that pasty white look to contrast to the dark eyes and lips. Again I used drugstore makeup products from Rimmel, Icing, L.A. Colors, L'Oreal and Revlon. This was that rare stage makeup project I could wear out on the town later in real life--and did!





No comments:

Post a Comment